AWS Community Day Kochi - Speaker Guidelines
- All presentation must be in English.
- Make sure to include your contact information at the final slide.
- Please submit your presentation at the Console Room at least 1 hour prior to your
- The presentation must be 20-25 minutes long. Be specific and be precise.
- Presentations should be in either PPTx / Google Slide. Acrobat PDF or Word formats are
- Check Spelling using spell check programmes or a proofreader.
- No more changes can be made inside the session room where the session will take place.
- Our screen size is 12ft x 8ft (Track 01, Track 02) Make sure to set the custom size for
- Make sure to use the templates provided by AWSUGKochi team for uniformity and branding.
- Make sure that the slides are legible and keep the slides simple.
- Make sure include conclusion slide(s) where you would point out the most important
points of your presentation.
- Please have minimum 2 questions prepared from your presentation.
AWS Community Day Kochi - Speaker Tips
- Speak loudly, slowly and clearly.
- Avoid speaking too quickly as this may affect the audience's ability to understand you.
- Stand upright with chest high as good posture helps in exuding an air of confidence.
- Talk with your audience; avoid reading your slides.
- Encourage questions: be patient and listen to the question from audience
- Humour - Any joke you tell should be appropriate.
- Learn to laugh at your mistakes (if you make any)
- Enjoy your session. If you enjoy it, your audience is likely to enjoy it too.